- Navigate to Library
- Click on Audiences
- Click "+ New Audience" on the top right
4. Select "Custom Audience" from the list of Audience types
5. Input the following information:
- Data Source: Choose either 'Customer List' (which includes emails, phone numbers, User IDS or mobile advertiser IDS) or 'App Activity' (which is a list of people who have taken action in your app or game)
- Audience Name: Label the name of your audience.
- Data Input Type: The types of identifiers you are uploading. Options include email addresses, phone numbers, User IDs, or Third-party App User IDs (Apple's IDFA or Android's Advertising ID)
- File: Select the file containing the comma separated identifiers
New User Acquisition Campaigns
When an Advertiser is attempting to acquire new users, whether that be growing their install base of their application, or driving new signups on their website, it is imperative that they are excluding their existing users from seeing their ads, in order to ensure that their advertising dollars are being spent effectively. As a subscription based advertiser, you can:
- Use the CRM system to extract a list of email addresses of existing users that have already signed up to my website.
- Create a Custom Audience called "Existing Website Users" on my advertising account.
- Exclude these users from all new user acquisition ad sets/ad groups
Re-engage Existing Customer Base
Custom Audiences are also very effective at re-engaging existing customers. If your company is a paid subscription based website that allows users to have a trial account, you will want to convert these free trial users into paying customers. In this scenario, you can leverage a Custom Audience of these users to encourage them to take the next step can become paying subscribers. You can build out this Custom Audience by taking the following steps:
- Use the company CRM system to extract a list of email addresses of free trial users who have not converted into premium paying users.
- Create a Custom Audience called "Free Trial Users" on my advertising account.
- Inclusion target this Custom Audience on ad set(s)/ad group(s).
- Then set up a tailored message to this audience, something along the lines of: "Enjoyed the free trial? Sign up for a premium account, and receive 20% off your subscription fee - today only", with a Call To Action (CTA) button of "Sign Up".