Intel Tags are a free-labelling system that, among other cool things, lets you categorize and organize your campaign assets however you like.
This is especially useful when you need to pinpoint specific ads, ad sets, or campaigns to run Rules over. Things to consider:
- Have a business made up of different subdivisions?
- Have business goals which vary with each division?
- Need to easily separate DR vs. Lead vs. Branding initiatives?
- Need to easily find similar creatives?
- Run a lot of seasonal initiatives? (e.g., Christmas, Thanksgiving, etc.)
Using Intel Tags with the Automation Engine
Intel Tags are most commonly used as an additional filtering criteria to ensure rules are acting on the right campaigns, ad sets, or ads.
Let's take a simple example. Let's say you have special KPI goals for all of your Christmas campaigns, which are different to your usual KPI goals for the rest of the year.
You could create an Intel Tag category of "Seasonal", with two tags: "Christmas" and "Regular"
With Intel Tags, you can label all your campaigns, ad sets, and ads easily from the AR with
With Intel Tags, you can easily configure two rules, or a rule with two branches:
- One which checks for the regular KPI goal against campaigns labelled with "Regular"
- One which checks for the seasonal KPI goal against campaigns labelled with "Christmas"