eCreate, measure and optimize Snapchat campaigns on the Adparlor platform
Starting April 12, 2017, AdParlor now provides a Snapchat Ad Creation tool along with the Dashboard and Advanced Reporting feature. Running your Snapchat campaigns in Adparlor platform helps you:
- Save time by bulk creating ad sets and ads
- Target people based on 1st and 3rd party interest and demographic data, location and device/connection/carrier.
- Narrow your targeting with Snap Audience Match or expand it with Lookalike Audiences
- Get a holistic view of your campaigns and media performance across multiple channels in one dashboard
Connecting your Snapchat Account to Adparlor:
To get started on Snapchat advertising, you will first need to connect your Snapchat account to Adparlor. You will need to ensure you have a Snapchat account before setting up the connection to AdParlor.
If you are set up on Gross spend,
- Go to: https://business.snapchat.com/
- Set up an Ad Account for the advertiser under the “AdParlor Media Inc” organization
- You will need to create a snapchat username and password for the account. This is completed using the Snapchat app
If you are set up on Net spend,
- Go to: https://business.snapchat.com/
- Create your organization with Snapchat
- Once your organization has been approved by Snapchat, you can go in and create an ad account
- You will need to create a snapchat username and password for the account. This is completed using the Snapchat app. For example, for Wingstop, I created a Snapchat user: ap_wingstop
Setting up your Snapchat account on AdParlor:
- Click on the “Edit” button for the desired business
- Scroll down to the “Account Information” section and enable Snapchat
- Click on “Advertiser” from the sidebar Admin menu
- Click “Edit” beside the desired advertiser
- Update the fee structure if required.
- Go to the social accounts tab and click on “Connect Account”
- Enter the appropriate credentials and click accept. Note, this user must be authorized on the advertiser’s Snapchat account
- Select the appropriate account
- Select the campaigns you want to import. From this screen you can set a primary goal
Snapchat has a similar campaign hierarchy to other social media publishes like Facebook
- Level 1: Campaign
- You can set your daily spend limit and Primary Goal at this level
- Level 2: Ad set
- At this level, you can set your targeting, manual, maximum or minimum bids, daily budget limit, optimize for impressions or swipes and set flight dates for each ad set.
- Level 3: Ads
- Develop creative and match creative to ad sets to generate the desired amount of ads
Setting up a Snapchat campaign in Adparlor:
- Click on the Snapchat ACT icon in the left panel
- Click on Create Campaign and fill out primary goal, campaign flight dates and daily budget cap at this level. Note: you can set your primary goal to either Video Views, Impressions, Swipes, site visits, attachment video views and app installs. Click on create campaign
- Targeting: You can set up targeting by ad set (similar to Facebook’s Ad Sets) based on geographic, demographic, device, carrier and behavioural traits as well as create lookalike and custom audiences.
Note: you can only target one country per ad set. Targeting also varies by country – find out more at: https://adparlor.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001815706
- Finalize Targeting: In the next step, you can bulk edit multiple ad sets or edit each ad set one by one.
- Set daily budget cap
- Set your optimization goal (Note: you can optimize based on impressions or swipes. Impressions have a max bid (CPM) set and swipes have a target bid which represents a cost per swipe. The target bid can be exceeded.)
- Set maximum, minimum or manual bid.
- Set flight dates and times
- Generate creative: Your creative type depends on your primary goal i.e. if you pick video views as your primary goal, you can choose Top Snap only, which won’t contain any attachment. Find our which ad types are appropriate for specific optimization goals here.
- Upload your media (you can find creative specs for Snapchat ads here)
- Populate headline and brand name.
- Click on Generate Creative button
6. Pre-flight: Assign creative to ad sets in Pre-flight section and finalize ads by selecting all ads and bulk creating them. Note: you can also assign each ad a different name for easier tracking.
- Once the campaign has been created, you’ll be able to measure and optimize in AR
- Like other publishers, clicking on the campaign title will give you the drill down
- To adjust the campaign, inline editing has been enabled
- You can also monitor Snapchat campaigns from the Dashboard. Click on the home button
- Click on the “Dashboard Tab”
- Ensure the Snapchat publisher is enabled